Join us June 19-24, 2023 in Atlanta, Georgia!
The conference truly has an opportunity for every member attending, all supported by business and industry partners working to ensure America has a future skilled workforce. Competitors participating in the career competitions of the SkillsUSA Championships will represent our state as the very best in their respective skill areas. Delegates will conduct the business of the organization, making decisions for the future of our organization. Chapter leaders will be able to grow and develop around skills outlined within the SkillsUSA Framework. Advisors will be able to grow their toolbox through professional development sessions and networking. And all attendees will be able to interact with industry professionals representing the careers you are training for.
Activate, Leverage, and Engage training will be offered on June 17-19, 2023 for those that have pre-registered for the training.
Michigan Registration Packages Include:
- National Leadership Conference registration fee
- Five nights’ accommodations at the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
- Friday night dinner after the award ceremony at the Omni Atlanta Hotel
- Michigan spirit items (Michigan t-shirt, 3 SkillsUSA Michigan trading pins, etc.)
- All Taxes and Gratuities
- No transportation or other meals are included
Update: When we had our state pin created, we had a light added because it fit the design so nicely and pins with lights are of a higher trading value. That being said, they are costlier, and we will be giving 3 pins to each registrant instead of 5. The option to order additional pins was on the Michigan Registration Form and we will have some pins for sale for $3 each at NLSC.
Refunds and Cancellations
Cancellations made after the May 5, 2023 registration deadline are not eligible for a refund or credit of the conference registration fee, Michigan registration package items, and optional pre-purchased items.
Schools are responsible for paying for all registrants that cancel after the registration deadline.
Hotel refunds may not be eligible for refund if others are still staying in the hotel room.
Travel may not be able to be refunded, please check your cancellation policy where travel was booked.
SkillsUSA COVID-19 School Cancellation Policy
Please note, the following only applies to the NLSC conference registration rate of $195, which is a portion of Michigan’s registration package:
For any chapter that is no longer allowed to travel due to school/county or state travel restrictions related to COVID-19, SkillsUSA will accept the cancelation without a substitution/swap if cancelled by the state director by Tuesday, June 20, 2023, before 5:00 p.m.
- To qualify for this cancellation, a supporting letter on school letterhead with the administrator’s cellphone number must be provided at the time the drop is made, stating when the travel ban was implemented, how long the ban has been in place and signed by the principal or school superintendent. The ban must have been instituted after the close of NLSC registration on May 16, 2023. The SkillsUSA national headquarters staff will contact the school administrator directly to confirm the travel restriction and the timeline of implementation.
Individuals exposed to COVID-19 or Experiencing Signs/Symptoms of COVID-19
It is in everyone’s best interest to ensure that anyone who feels unwell does not travel to NLSC. Individuals experiencing signs/symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or who have tested positive within six days of the start of conference on June 20, 2023, should not attend the conference. SkillsUSA will refund the state association if notified of the drop due to COVID-19 illness or exposure by Tuesday, June 20,2023 before 5:00 p.m.
- To qualify for this cancellation, supporting documentation must be provided at the time the drop is made including official COVID-19 test results along with a signed statement from a parent or guardian if the student is under the age of 18, along with a statement of confirmation from a medical professional.
SkillsUSA Championships Checklist will assist you to to plan for competition.
All Professional Members (Advisors, Administrators, etc.) can access the Contest’s Technical Standards for the contests on SkillsUSA Absorb.
Contest Updates will be posted online leading up to NLSC. To be properly prepared for the competition, you’ll need to check this page regularly.
- The Online Testing dates for national competitors will be May 23-June 9.
All Professional Development Assessments will be administered online for all applicable contests.
Action Skills, Building Maintenance, Community Action Project, Employment Application Process, and all middle school competitors are not required to complete the Professional Development test and thus will not be enrolled in a test.
Technical Assessments for the following competitions will be administered online: Baking & Pastry Arts, Culinary Arts, Quiz Bowl, TeamWorks, and Welding.
- All other contest’s Technical Assessments will have their testing onsite during NLSC.
- Online testing information will be sent to all competitor’s email addresses on or around May 23.
- If a student needs the information resent, or has access issues, please contact Customer Care at 844-875-4557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition apparel requirements can be found in the contest’s Technical Standards. Official attire as well as competition apparel and accessories may be purchased at the SkillsUSA Store.
All competitors must create a one-page resume to submit online unless otherwise specified in their competition’s technical standards. On May 1, 2023, the link for resume submission will be published on the Contest Updates page and is due by June 9, 2023 at 5pm EST. Failure to do so will result in a 10-point penalty.
Your resume must be saved as a PDF file type using file name format of “Last Name_First Name.” For example, “Amanda Smith” would save her resume as Smith_Amanda. If you need assistance with saving your file as a PDF, visit the Adobe website for more information.
Competitors may begin submitting resumes and, if applicable, pre-submission documents using the SkillsUSA Championships Checklist. SkillsUSA national competitors will have until 5 p.m. ET on Friday, June 9, to submit their resume.
Mailing Competition Materials
Shipping competition materials information is available here.
The following items are in addition to the Official Conference Agenda for all Michigan attendees:
Monday June 19
- 4:00pm – Each chapter will check-in at the hotel front desk to receive their room keys. Check-in begins at 4 p.m. so rooms may not be available until that time.
- 6:30pm – Registration materials pick up will be available in our hotel by Chapter Advisors.
- 7:00pm – Michigan Delegation Meeting for all attendees in our hotel.
- 8:30pm – Michigan Awards Dinner (included in registration package price) at our hotel.
Getting Around Atlanta
Michigan’s assigned hotel is the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, 100 CNN Center NW, Atlanta, GA 30303. The Omni is right in the middle of all the action! Located across the street from the Georgia World Congress Center (convention center), State Farm Arena, and a short walk away is several tourist attractions; the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, College Football Hall of Fame, and the National Center for Civil & Human Rights.
We encourage everyone to use MARTA, Atlanta’s rapid transit system for getting around Atlanta.
Tickets and ride cards may be purchased at any MARTA station.
Catching the MARTA from the airport to your downtown hotel is easy. Participants will travel directly to the MARTA station in the Domestic Terminal, between the North and South baggage claim. Then take either the Red or Gold line train to the Five Points station. Michigan’s hotel is about a 4 block walk.
If you need to transfer to a bus (if you are going to Zoo Atlanta, for example), your MARTA card is accepted as fare.
MARTA Ride Guide: https://skillsusa.egnyte.com/dl/vnpHQFu0zO
MARTA Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLjw1Fw-vuU
Attractions, Restaurants, Parking Information, Airline Discounts and more can be found on the NLSC microsite page.